Thursday, October 27, 2011

Introduction

This intended for my own benefit, but I hope you can get some enjoyment from the blog as well.  I want to keep a record of my games with the Sisters of Battle.  If you do not know what I am talking about (which would be odd) the Sisters of Battle are one of many factions in the Games Workshop game, Warhammer 40,000.  They recently had a revised set of ruels published not in a stand alone supplement as is customary but as a two part magazine article for White Dwarf -- which Games Workshop publishes to promote its games.  The new rules were received with mixed reviews to put it mildly.  They are, however, my favorite army and I still enjoy playing them. 

Some people I have met love to keep a running total of their wins and losses.  This is usually for bragging rights.  My win|loss ratio is never going to be something a sane person would brag about.  I lose a lot.  Even if I were given an army that is considered over powered I might break even.  I play slightly worse than I paint and as you will see shortly, I am a fair to average painter. 

Now before I get taken off on some tangent, let me wrap this up.  I will go into more detail about different things later, but the bulk of the post will be battle reports with pictures if I remember to take them.  Most of the games I have played over the past month since the new codex release have been getting a feel for the new unit styles and their rules.  I really should include them for my Win|Lose record but to be honest, I don't remember the outcomes or even how many games I played.  If I did, I would not need a blog to help me keep track of what works. My next planned game will be much the same.  I will be taking what I call a "Fail List."  It will have nothing that people are calling must have units and taking several units people are calling worthless.  I will be playing against a new Ork army but will still be using an all-comers list.  In other words, I will not be basing the army to take advantage of a few "anti-horde" tricks the Sisters of Battle have.

No comments:

Post a Comment