Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chaos Killers

Just a short update to include the newest battle result.  We played a few more Kill Team games this weekend.  I played one game with the Battle Sisters and had a list close to the one from last week.

5 Seraphim (one armed with dual Hand Flamers)
6 Celestines

The forces of Chaos brought 6 well armed Chosen to the fight including one carrying a Heavy Bolter.

I made a mistake right off the bat in deployment and left 2 seraphim together in full view of the Heavy Bolter.  The Chosen generated 2 hits from 3 shots.  Rolling to wound (Strength 5 vs Toughness 3 -- anything but a 1 to wound) my opponent roll a pair of ones.  I got off lucky.  One Celestine was lost from all other firing but I was still in good shape.

With almost twice as many models I could afford a game of attrition.  I had deployed spread out across the deployment zone oping to draw out the opponent into smaller fights.  This worked well for me.  The high mobility of the Seraphim once again letting me close in quick to pour on the bolter shots againts a small, one or two model force.  I was not running 2 or 3 Sisters against 1 or 2 chaos models, I was going 6 on one when I could.  The Seraphim moving quick from high ground, to low ground and back made this very effective.  For the most part I left the close combat to the Celestines when it could not be avoided.  After 5 turns (I think) the Sisters had lost 1 Seraphim and 3 Celestines which put them at 64% of initial strength.  The Chosen were down to a single marine; the Heavy Bolter carrier still hiding in his initial deployment area.  Rolling leadership at a -2 the final marine broke and ran, ending the game. 

It seems to be an effective list for a Kill Team game with no models with an AV value.  I may trade the 6th Celestiane for a special weapon or two, but the basic build of Seraphim and Celestians is going to be my standard.




3 comments:

  1. Hmm I've been enjoying reading your write ups as a fellow Sisters of Battle enthusiast. I think sisters actually have a huge advantage in any game where they don't have to take their troop options. It is true Celestian's are not a very good elite but they are a better option in many situations then a standard sister squad. In fact due to this the higher point the game goes the weaker the sisters tend to become due to their lack of options, faith limitations and lack of army cohesion.

    I hope a lot of this gets fixed in a future full codex release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading!

    I want to get a few higher point games in so I can see what the Celestians look like. I want to add 1 or 2 squads of 5 Sisters in either a Rhino or better yet an Immolator. I could run them up front with the Dominions and Seraphim to do a little damage and it won't hurt so much to loose them.

    Iam oping they get a full codex like they did with the Blood Angels which were the last White Dwarf codex. We might see that happen in 2013, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well a lot of people are speculating that the Sisters will be an early 6th edition Codex which will hopefully mean some good things for the Sisters.

    I've heard some people speculate that we'll see a lot more unit powers in 6th edition to keep up with War-Machine and if that is true it should work out well for the sisters and their faith which already sort of had that warmachine manage your resources sort of vibe.

    Till then though I'll just enjoy reading your efforts trying to make the most of what we've got right now.

    ReplyDelete