Thursday, November 3, 2011

Notes on photos

I finally got some pictures added to the last battle report. Picasa was not behaving and Blogger will not work with my job computer. No big deal, I just need to learn what works where.

I am slightly embarrassed by all the unpainted models, but only slightly so. For my opponent, the orks are a recent acquisition and he is still putting the army together. Note all the plasticard conversion work he has done so far. They are coming together very well. For my own part, I put a lot of unused minis on the table thanks to the changes with the Sisters. I am also about 75% through repainting and basing the original army.


Looking back at my expectations, I was way off.
Other than using terrain to stay out of flamer reach, the orks pretty much ignored the Immolator. The Penitent Engines were vicious, burning 20 orks with flamers on one turn and then wreaking a unit of defkopters the next all while surviving shots from the zzapguns.  I lost one flamer on one engine for the night.  My next time I will be sure and NOT leave them off on a flank but get them into the thick of things from the start.

I could not see taking the Celestians.  There is just no reason I can come up with to take them over just about any other option.  I picked a Sororitas Command Squad over them for the final list and used the heavy bolters to good effect for less points
My troops were hit and miss.  One squad went down without so much as a hiccup but the other survived a defkopter assault, won the combat the next turn and then killed the Battlewagon with melta fire.  All in all they preformed as expected; maybe slightly better. The Seraphim were not even a speed bump.  They never got a chance to fire, being the focal point of the ork waaagh.  The Repentia actually did little above soaking up fire all the way across the board on foot.  Mostly because they were constantly in the Penitent Engines’ shadows.  Although I did not write down my prediction for the Exorcists, they were the workhorse they have always been.


1 comment:

  1. You should also note the only time you rolled under 4 for a volley of missiles from your exorcists you rolled 1 volley of 2! :)

    ReplyDelete