Saturday, November 5, 2011

Rematch


I will be keeping the same list. Mostly. I want to trade vehicles for the Sororitas Command Squad, dropping the Immolator and picking up a Rhino. When deployed, the Command Squad will be on foot -- they do have both Relentless and Move Through Cover on their Act of Faith so it is not like they will be missing the transport much. I will set up the empty Rhino for the Repentia squad and keep both of my troops in their own boxes. I also need to reduce the size of the Repentia squad by one so the Canoness can fit inside the Rhino with them. The left over points will go into adding more Seraphim to their squad.

Why put the Canoness with the Repentia? The Canoness' Act of Faith is +1 Initiative and re-roll to hit in Close Combat, won't this be wasted on a unit that always swings at Initiative 1? Yeah, it probably will. I want to add the Canoness for the extra +1 to the die roll for the Repentia's Act of Faith. I would rather have a Simulacrum Imperialis but this is not an option for the Repentia. And this is the only unit from my list that needs to pass the test and use their Act of Faith. I would much rather use 20 points worth of wargear than 65 points worth of IC, but it is not an option. Besides, the Canoness needs to go somewhere and it is not like she is a primary component of the list. She is a mandatory HQ and required to field the Command Squad.

This is still not what I would call an optimized list and it really needs another Troop unit if it is going to be used in a random scenario but I think I can have fun with it. The final list looks something like this:

HQ:
- Canoness
- Sororitas Command Squad
ELITE:
- Repentia
TROOPS:
- Battle Sisters
- Battle Sisters
FAST:
- Seraphim
HEAVY:
- Penitent Engine (3)
- Exorcist
- Exorcist

No comments:

Post a Comment